Welcome to the website for the American Association for the Advancement of Curriculum Studies (AAACS). We are glad you are interested in joining our conversation and hope that you choose become a member. This website serves as the central source for information about our association, annual conference, and journal. This site will continue to grow and adapt to our needs as we work together, engaging in complicated conversations about the field of curriculum studies and the contexts, local and global, that inform our field.
Links in the menu bar at the top of the screen will take you to the static pages about the AAACS, our annual conference, our journal, and curriculum-related links. The two dynamic links at the bottom of the page will direct you to the latest AAACS Updates (e.g. the CFP for our annual conference, voting for new committee members) and Curriculum News such as calls for manuscripts for special issues or job postings. Once familiar with our site, please feel free to check the Updates and News sections frequently for upcoming dates and possibilities.
- NEW! The 13th Annual Conference will be held in Philadelphia, PA, on the campus of Arcadia University, Monday, March 31- Thursday, April 3, 2014. Click 2014 AAACS Conference for further details and download the conference program. Looking forward to seeing you all in Philly!
- NEW! AAACS Goes Video: Check out new videos posted on the channel. Click YouTube AAACS Channel to see the videos below:
- 2013 AAACS – The Influence of Africana Studies in Curriculum Theory (Part I)
- Transnational Curriculum and Post-Colonial/De-Colonial Theory in Southern African Contexts
- Brockwood Park School (Part I)
See other curriculum studies videos on our website HERE.
- NEW! AAACS Graduate Student Members Project: A Digital Archive of Electronic Images: “What is curriculum studies”. Click HERE.
- NEW ISSUE of the JAAACS is now online. Click HERE.